Communications & Marketing Manager at ELHF
(Band 7, Point 1 on NHS Salary Scale)
Head of Fundraising
Thursday 20th February 2020
Friday 6th March 2020
Everything we do is to improve people’s health and wellbeing. We work in partnership with NHS Lothian and other health-related organisations. Together we enhance the experience of patients, families, carers and staff across Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian and West Lothian.
We award grants to wards and hospitals to help save lives, improve the quality of life, support education, innovation and equipment. We support some of the best researchers in the world who are working hard to fight, treat and cure many health conditions through innovative new ways.
We also have three main programmes throughout all the healthcare settings:
- Tonic arts – We support live music, patient workshops, exhibitions and artworks and therapeutic design throughout all our sites. We know how much our environment and surroundings can have an impact on how we feel but did you know that it can also help patients recover more quickly?
- Green health – Fresh air, open spaces and places to sit and walk help all of us in our emotional and physical wellbeing. We support green health activities including therapeutic gardening, community gardens, public greenspaces and health walks across all sites.
- Volunteering well – We are the main funder of NHS Lothian’s Volunteering Well programme. This supports all the amazing volunteers who give their time, expertise and compassion in many ways including befriending, transport, and giving information and support to patients and their loved ones.
To lead in the effective development, delivery and evaluation of external and internal communications and marketing for the Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation.
To increase ELHF profile and maximise all communications opportunities.
To lead in the management and development of our brand and reputation as a charity and as a funder of health initiatives.
- Educated to degree level in a Communications or business related discipline plus extensive experience operating at a senior level in a communications environment, demonstrating a specialist knowledge and understanding of current health, social care and external political agendas.
- Member of a recognised and relevant professional body e.g. CIPR, CIM etc
- Developed knowledge of communication strategies, techniques, approaches, policies and procedures.
- Experience summarising complex issues in a concise and easily understood way.
- Experience of project management and working at both a programme level and on specific campaigns.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to train and motivate team members.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Setting and reporting on KPIs.
- Managing and reporting budgets.
- Excellent IT skills including social media and other digital platforms.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills including copy writing, proof-reading and ability to write press releases and respond to media requests.
- Ability to keep up to date with new technologies and platforms.