Community & Events Fundraiser at ELHF
(Band 6, Point 1 on NHS Salary Scale)
Head of Fundraising
Thursday 20th February 2020
Thursday 5th March 2020
Everything we do is to improve people’s health and wellbeing. We work in partnership with NHS Lothian and other health-related organisations. Together we enhance the experience of patients, families, carers and staff across Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian and West Lothian.
We award grants to wards and hospitals to help save lives, improve the quality of life, support education, innovation and equipment. We support some of the best researchers in the world who are working hard to fight, treat and cure many health conditions through innovative new ways.
We also have three main programmes throughout all the healthcare settings:
- Tonic arts – We support live music, patient workshops, exhibitions and artworks and therapeutic design throughout all our sites. We know how much our environment and surroundings can have an impact on how we feel but did you know that it can also help patients recover more quickly?
- Green health – Fresh air, open spaces and places to sit and walk help all of us in our emotional and physical wellbeing. We support green health activities including therapeutic gardening, community gardens, public greenspaces and health walks across all sites.
- Volunteering well – We are the main funder of NHS Lothian’s Volunteering Well programme. This supports all the amazing volunteers who give their time, expertise and compassion in many ways including befriending, transport, and giving information and support to patients and their loved ones.
To lead on all aspects of community and events fundraising ensuring a high level of stewardship.
To work closely with NHS Lothian staff who are engaging in fundraising activities to increase income and awareness and ensure best practice and governance of activities.
To manage an events portfolio including researching and introducing new in-house and third-party events.
- Previous experience in both running and supporting Community and/or Events Fundraising
- Recruitment of supporters and providing a high level of stewardship
- Managing and reporting on income and expenditure budgets
- Identification of new fundraising opportunities
- Data management
- Awareness of best fundraising practice and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build meaningful relationships with supporters
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- A confident presentation style that encourages support
- Be a regular and confident speaker able to give talks and make presentations to motivate and inspire support
- Strong organisational skills to manage several projects and timescales
- Ability to keep up to date with new technologies and platforms
- Social media skills
- Good IT skills
- Degree e.g. business or marketing plus significant relevant experience in fundraising
- Member of Institute of Fundraising
- Knowledge of Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice and other relevant legislation including Health and Safety