Community & Events Fundraiser (South East)
Edinburgh Head Office (Haymarket)
Community & Events Manager
Full time – 32.5hrs per week
Thursday 14th November 2019 at 12 noon
Thursday 21st November 2019 (in Edinburgh)
Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland (CHSS) has ambitious plans to double our reach and grow our income to help make sure that no life is half lived.
In conjunction with the Community & Events Fundraising Manager you will be responsible for the further development and growth of our existing fundraising activities, initiatives and events in the region seeking to maximise the benefits from these established relationships
Through engaging with communities you will create and develop new relationships and steward these supporters through a developed supporter journey. You will also implement new fundraising activities to a wide range of supporters seeking the most cost effective use of resources. This will include the recruitment of volunteers and the establishment of community based fundraising groups as well as collaborating with Service User and Peer Support Groups
In every aspect of this role you will continually look to create, maintain and develop lifelong relationships with all supporters ensuring their supporter journey experience with the charity is always meaningful, rewarding and of the highest quality.
- At least 1 years fundraising experience, preferably in a community, event, major donor or corporate fundraising team.
- Experience of organising events.
- Experience of providing customer service and / or dealing with supporters directly.
- Experience of report and letter writing.
- Experience of providing administrative support.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of conducting research.
- A proven track record in fundraising
- Experience in community fundraising
- Experience of Raisers Edge or other fundraising database
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Experience of events management and health & safety
- A good communicator (face-to-face, presentations, networking meetings etc) with the ability to create and maintain relationships using a variety of media
- Excellent telephone manner, written style, listening skills
- Good negotiating skills
- An innovative attitude – willing to try new things and learn from experience
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Confident IT user including social media
- Self-starter, willing to work alone as well as part of a team
- Tenacity and perseverance
- Commitment to self-development
- Team player
- Commitment to the ethos of the voluntary sector
- Belief in the CHSS values (inclusive, courageous, agile, innovative, accountable, united) and ability to make these lived behaviours
- Willingness to work flexibly, including some out-of-hours work
- Willingness to travel throughout Scotland and often work unsocial hours, including evenings, weekends and overnight stays
- **Please note you must be a confident driver with a current manual driving licence and access to own transport with appropriate insurance**
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Applicants must apply for this position by 12 noon on Thursday 14th November 2019. Please click on the button below and fill out your details…