Community Fundraiser at RAF Benevolent Fund
Edinburgh (Queen Street with Travel for Events etc)
Circa 30k DOE
Edinburgh TBC (likely 4th or 5th December)
Founded by Lord Trenchard in 1919, the RAF Benevolent Fund has been supporting members of the RAF Family for 100 years. The RAFBF is an independent charity and receives no regular Government funding. The Charity relies entirely on public support to continue the amazing work carried out by the various teams throughout the UK.
Principal activities include:
- To provide assistance to the RAF Family, when they are in need.
- Maintain and preserve the RAF Memorial in London on behalf of the nation.
- Support the morale and wellbeing of the serving RAF
- To be responsible for the Bomber Command Memorial in central London.
The RAFBF also provides a spectrum of services that range from The Airplay Programme supporting children growing up on RAF stations, to relationship counselling for RAF couples and respite breaks for RAF families and veterans.
The organisation also supports members of the Air Cadet Organisation (ACO) (including members of the Combined Cadet Force RAF component) if they are injured whilst on duty.
The RAFBF ensures that your donations are spent directly on meeting the needs of the RAF Family, those serving, veterans and their dependants. From childcare and relationship difficulties to injury and disability, and from financial hardship and debt to illness and bereavement, the RAFBF helps any member of the RAF Family in a broad range of issues.
In 2018, the Charity spent more than £20.9M on welfare delivery which included:
- £10.2M supporting individuals
- £5.5M on housing provision and adaptations
- £2.6M on respite and care services and wellbeing breaks
- £312K on child and youth facilities through station grants
If you are an experienced Fundraiser, then we would like to hear from you. Applicants with at least 2 years’ experience within Fundraising / Events are encouraged to apply.
- To meet your Community Fundraising and Challenge Event target and contribute to the success of the UK Community Fundraising Team, through the delivery of the agreed annual business plan.
- To recruit supporters for the Fund’s challenge events and national events programmes.
- To recruit volunteers to support the Community Fundraising events and challenges
- To improve income from existing relationships with serving and ex RAF local communities, RAF Reserves, Air Cadet Organisation staff and cadets and University Air Squadron staff and cadets. Generate and cultivate new relationships to ensure targets are met.
- To oversee fundraising activities in your assigned geographical area, ensuring that supporters and volunteers are provided with advice, appropriate support materials/equipment and encouragement to raise income. To enforce the RAF Benevolent Fund Brand at all times.
- To ensure and implement effective project management of fundraising activities, including H&S risk assessments, stock management, process income and contribute to post-activity evaluation.
- To organise the RAFBF involvement at events as agreed in the annual business plan.
- To use communications channels such as social media, general correspondence and presentation/speaking events to promote RAFBF community fundraising initiatives and thank supporters.
- To ensure that all supporters and prospective supporters are managed on the CARE database and are appropriately updated in line with the Data Protection Act.
- To adhere (and ensure volunteers do similarly) to statutory regulations concerning fundraising activities and with Institute of Fundraising and
- Fundraising Standards Board best practice guidelines.
- To signpost welfare enquiries directly to the relevant RAFBF welfare staff or external organisations, as required.
- To adhere to RAFBF Staff Handbook with respect to all fundraising activities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Applicants must send a CV and Cover Letter to apply for this vacancy. Please click on the button below and fill out your details…