Marketing & Communications Manager
£33-36K per annum dependent on experience
Head of Fundraising & Communications
13th July 2020
An unique opportunity has arisen with an award winning national charity for a Marketing & Communications Manager.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, support and develop an engaged, informed and motivated Marketing and Communications team of four staff.
- Manage the Marketing and Communications expenditure budget.
- Oversee the development the image and video library for the organisation.
- Manage the annual appraisal process with a commitment to personal development.
- Attend meetings, presenting on progress and targets on performance and achievements.
- To prepare reports/research as required, responding to the various needs of the Head of Fundraising and Communications e.g. Digital Media, E-marketing etc.
- Provide advice on Marketing and Communications best practice and legal compliance.
- Manage the strategy for internal communications.
- Lead on delivering our external advertising and marketing campaigns through the year, working with the fundraising team and external agencies.
- Stakeholder communication and engagement and budget tracking.
- Reporting into the Head of Fundraising and Communications helping to develop and deliver campaign performance targets.
- Managing the Marketing Team, evaluating effectiveness of campaigns using insight and monitoring tools to ensure that they meet the brief and deliver KPIs.
- Manage and deliver the website strategy including an e-commerce solution for event ticket sales, entry fees and merchandise transactions.
- Establish and communicate the key messages and objectives in order to promote a positive image using a range of media including; website, social media, special events and external stakeholder briefings.
- Lead on the development of integrated campaigns supporting organisational priorities and fundraising campaigns/appeals.
- Develop procedures, standards and policies around media management, events, VIP visits, corporate engagement, supporter communication and other areas of communications to ensure they are applied consistently and appropriately.
- Lead on communications for responding to a crisis or handling serious incident.
- Ensure effective communications and engagement with key stakeholder including residents, the general public, GP’s, MSP’s, MP’s regulators, national bodies and other stakeholders through the delivery of proactive effective, relevant and timely delivery of key messages.
- Advise the Board on media strategy and handling in order to ensure positive outcomes by overseeing press releases, interviews, consultation responses, statement and briefings.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with the media on behalf of the charity.
- Provide advice to on-call Directors on media issues out of hours.
- Train and support staff to ensure the organisation is represented appropriately in its communications with the media (i.e. media training).
EDUCATION & ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), Post Graduate Qualification in Communications, Public Relations or related field or equivalent professional qualification with significant management experience.
- Membership of a related professional institution is desirable along with evidence of relevant continued professional development.
- Extensive practitioner experience in a similar role at a senior level with a proven track record of delivering increased brand awareness on or above target.
- Extensive experience of managing media/marketing agencies.
- Demonstrable record of improving both internal and external communications in a large and complex organisation.
- Experience of successfully media relations including confident handling of press, radio and TV interviews.
- Demonstrable experience of using social and digital media to communicate with key audiences.
- Experience of crisis strategy and management.
- Experience of developing both strategic and operating plans.
- Significant experience of budget management, managing income and expenditure budgets; including achievement of income targets.
- Experience of producing monthly reports for the leadership team, and Board of Trustees.
- Work closely with finance department to ensure accuracy of reporting and compliance.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex and changing environment, under pressure due to demanding timetables.
- Ability to deliver large scale multi-channel & digital marketing campaigns with an understanding of all key digital marketing channels.
- Ability to build relationships with the media, politicians and all key stakeholders.
- Proven experience of effectively motivating direct reports to achieve demanding performance targets.
- A full driving license and access to a car is essential for this role.
*Please only apply if your salary expectations falls within the salary stated*
*Interviews will take place via Zoom.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Applicants must apply for this position by 13th July 2020. Please click on the button below and attach your CV which will be sent directly to Alan Surgeon ([email protected] / 0131 341 5511). We will contact suitable applicants to discuss the position further over the phone, and provide you with a full Job Description. We will then ask you to send a Cover Letter to support your application. Interviews will take place via Zoom.