Deputy Head of Fundraising at Erksine
Interview Date: July TBC
This role is critical in providing the leadership required to build fundraising capacity by identifying, approaching and relationship building with high profile/value individuals and organisations whose support is essential to Erskine’s financial sustainability and growth.
Strong communication and diplomatic skills are essential as the role requires a high level of confidence to be innovative and entrepreneurial in approach with enthusiasm, determination and resilience. Clear strategic planning to reflect best practice with clear performance benchmarks in order to contribute to the effective management of the team and identifying any resource gaps in delivery income targets.
This post will be responsible for developing strategies for donor engagement and management of individual donor relationships, securing growth through inspiring acquisition and retention programmes and the development of new products that build long-term sustainable revenue which maximises supporter’s lifetime value.
The post-holder will work closely with managers across the Fundraising and Communications team to develop fundraising programmes for prospect identification and stewardship of high level supporters to deliver a portfolio of corporate and high value donors.
As Deputy Head of Department the post-holder will be responsible for the Fundraising and Communications Team in the absence of the Head of Department and will attend Executive Management Team Meetings, Board Committees and Board Meetings and will be required to report on the financial performance of fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate experience in a similar fundraising role, is required
- Diploma in Fundraising or equivalent professional qualification or significant Fundraising Management experience.
- Membership of the Institute of Fundraising or DMA is desirable along with evidence of relevant continued professional development.
- Evidence of significant experience of individual giving, face-to-face, lottery and corporate or major donor fundraising is required.
- Experience of managing non-pay expenditure budgets circa £500k and having delivered significant growth, over a sustained period, with income targets circa £3m per annum.
- Ability to demonstrate development of large scale multi-channel strategies delivering major fundraising/marketing campaigns.
- Expertise in utilising digital platforms in order to enhance the digital supporter experience with a keen understanding of new technologies, including digital lead donor acquisition.
- Substantial experience of influencing, negotiating and working in collaboration with high level decision making external contacts; from prospect identification to contract negotiation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relationship building and stewardship in order to establish and maintain effective supporter relationships.
- Demonstrate experience of creative and successful written proposals and presentation pitches.
- Sound understanding of the principles of CRM with experience of Raiser’s Edge or similar relational database is desirable.
- Specialist knowledge required to analysis fundraising opportunities or products in order to develop and present a business case for fundraising investment.
- Good organisation, analytical, motivational and time management skills.
- Proven experience of effectively motivating direct reports to achieve demanding performance targets
- A full driving license is essential.