What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers put on your computer as part of your use of a website. More details about cookies are available from a number of online resources including All About Cookies.
We use both essential and non-essential cookies. Essential cookies are used to enable our website to function. We use non-essential cookies to better understand your experience while visiting our website. This allows our website, through its server, to provide users with a tailored experience within our website.
How do I change my cookies setting?
If you have accepted and wish to deny the use and saving of non-essential cookies from our website onto your computer’s hard drive, you can switch off non-essential cookies by changing your web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from our website upon your first visit.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit
Which cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies on this site:
Session Cookies (strictly necessary)
A session cookie is integral to the PHP that runs the content management system. It only lasts for the duration of the users using the website. Your web browser will normally delete this session cookie once you close your browser.
Google Analytics cookies (performance)
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. In particular, portions of this website use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this website. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our clients needs.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on when you are visiting the site
Your IP address will be used by Google for the analytic purposes set out above. The information Google uses cannot be used to identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We do not use this information for any other purpose. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics information.
Google provides details of all the cookies used by Google Analytics.
Google reCAPTCHA cookies (essential)
These are essential site cookies, used by the Google reCAPTCHA to reduce spam on our site. These cookies use an unique identifier for tracking purposes and expire when you close your browser.
We specifically employ the following:
- cfbm – this makes valid reports on the use of our website (expires 1 day)
- consent – used to detect whether you have accepted the marketing cookies (expires 2 years)
- jsessionid – preserves user states across page requests (expires after session)
- player – saves your preferences when playing embedded videos from vimeo (expires 1 year)
- sync_active – allows our website to remember parameters such as preferred volume or video quality from vimeo (persistent)
- ga – lets us know how you use the website (expires 2 years)
- gat – used by Google Analytics (expires 1 day)
- gid – lets us know how you use the website (expires 1 day)
- events – used to monitor website performance (expires after session)
- jserrors – used to monitor website performance (expires after session)
- vuiod – collects data on your use of our website such as which pages have been read (expires 2 years)
- visitor – estimates your bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos (expires 179 days)
- ysc – used to monitor what videos from YouTube you have seen (after session)